Spanish Circles Level 1
Welcome to Spanish Circles Level 1. During this first course you will start to communicate in specifics real life situations and gain more insights into the Spanish language. It is necessary for you to keep an open mind to the new and different sounds, ideas, and situations. Get immersed in the experience of learning Spanish; Take risks and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. We encourage you to participate actively in the program.
Please, share with us the reason to why you want to learn Spanish:
The teacher will focus on your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. During class you will work with the teacher, alone as well as with classmates. You will be expected to:
- Participate in a positive way and accept the challenges of learning and using a new language: Spanish.
- Contribute to class practices in a personal and meaningful manner.
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and courtesy towards your classmates and teacher.
A binder with a notebook, handouts, a CD and a booklet named “Study Notes” will be provided by your teacher at the beginner of the class. Please keep the “Study Guide” in your binder at all times.
Take advantage of the website’s resources at all times: https://www.spanishcircles.ca/online-free-spanish-resources/
Your progress will be based on homework, assessment and participation.
Throughout your Spanish course, we will be sharing with you links related to the class of such week. These links will be useful and fun resources that can be used by you in your free time. Additionally, using these free resources, will be as of great help for preparing you for the following weeks’ quiz, dictation and lesson.
Homework, Quizzes and test:
Because all students learn in different ways, in our class you will learn how to use various strategies to learn the Spanish language. Therefore, Homework will be assigned each week. Don’t forget to complete and check the homework assigned by submitting your dictations, readings and vocabularies using the buttons below. It will be based on the lesson of the day, including speaking practices, memorizing vocabulary and grammatical structures as well as creative writing assignments according to your level. Put quality and time into your studies.
Also, there is a Quiz or a dictation at the beginning of each class and a test every 3 weeks. Tests are important to learn a new language because they help you to practice and to test yourself. Take our Online Free Spanish Tests as many times as you need to and keep practicing. The tests in Spanish Circles Level 1 are based on the Spanish Circles Reference topics.
Expectations Checklist Level 1
This Expectations Checklist Level 1 was made to quickly check your progress in Level 1 French Circles course.
FINAL TEST SPANISH CIRCLES LEVEL 1
By the end of this level you will be able to communicate in the following areas:
Listening and Speaking:
- To understand and to reply to a simple Spanish conversation.
- You will be able to talk about 8 different familiar topics confortablely.
- Your will be able to speak with a nice Spanish accent since we will help you, from the beginning, to practice the nasal sounds, liasons and specially the E, U and R Spanish.
- To write sentences using family members,adjectives and places to go.
- to write your own 2 min. personal presentation.
- To recognize and conjugate the main 4 important verbs in Spanish .
- Conjugate regular -er -ir and -ar verbs.
- To read and understand small paragraphs writen in Spanish with basic vocabulary.
- To understand gramatical notions from any book in Spanish. (Articles, subjet, personal pronouns, verbs, adjectives)
- Your Spanish vocabulary will increase up to 1000 words.